Breast cancer can be scary and confusing, both for those diagnosed and for their family and friends. It’s important to have a strong support network to help with the physical and emotional demands of this disease. Remember, you are not alone. There are many support services available to assist you on this journey, including:
- If you’re in need of local resources or financial assistance resources, please do not hesitate to contact Komen Kansas City at 816.842.0410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 1-877 GO KOMEN, a free breast care helpline, or e-mail email@example.com to receive professional support services for anyone with breast health and breast cancer concerns, including breast cancer patients and their families.
- If you are interested in participating in or learning more about Breast Cancer Clinical Trails please visit either BreastCancerTrials.org or ClinicalTrials.gov.
- The Co-Survivor section of Komen’s national website, where friends and family members can share tips and advice, and read personal stories from others who have been in similar situations.
- You can find additional information about financial assistance resources on the National Susan G. Komen website or on our Local resources page.
Be sure to check out our Komen Kansas City Breast Cancer Resource Library here!
Additional Print Resources:
There are many print resources for survivors and co-survivors as well:
- How to help those you care about cope with breast cancer
- Coping with a Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Getting the Support You Need
- Talking with your Children
- Talking with your Doctor
- Talking with your Partner
- What’s Happening to Me
- What’s Happening to Mom
- What’s Happening to the One I Love
- What’s Happening to the One We Love
- End-of-Life Care
In addition to the print materials listed above, we have online content on this topic as well.
Here are a few links to komen.org where we discuss support. (Support issues are discussed
throughout the komen.org content)
- Accessing sources of support: Click Here
- Help me understand what you’re going through: Click Here
- Friends and Family: Click Here
Additional survivorship resources Click Here