NEARLY $1 MILLION RE-INVESTED BACK IN TO THE COMMUNITY
Susan G. Komen® Greater Kansas City is the local resource for women who need breast cancer screening, diagnostic and support services. Through annual events including the Race for the Cure®, Pink Promise Brunch, Rock the Ribbon, Breast Cancer Issues & Answers Conference and individual contributions, Komen Kansas City raises funds that enable women to detect and survive breast cancer.
Seventy-five percent (75%) of all funds raised by the Affiliate stay in our service area to fund breast health programs for women who would not otherwise have access to screening and treatment. Twenty-five percent (25%) of funds raised supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program.
Komen Kansas City has invested more than $16.2 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in our 17-county service area over the past 23 years. When you add in the scientific research contribution: the local Kansas City affiliate has committed more than $20 million in total.
This year: Nearly $1 million is re-invested back into the community through:
- Local Grantees (Local organizations focusing on education, screenings, diagnosis & treatment)
- National Research (including grants in our service area at the University of Kansas Cancer Center)
- Mission Support (Grants program, community organizing, public policy work, outreach & breast health service referrals)
Click here for other mission-based programs operated out of the Komen KC offices:
- Connected for the Cure Virtual Reality Experience
- Komen Kansas City Breast Care Hotline
- 3D Mobile Mammography Unit (Coming to Greater Kansas City Soon)