Millions Re-invested back into the Community
Susan G. Komen® Greater Kansas City is the local resource for women who need breast cancer screening, diagnostic and support services. Through annual events including the Race for the Cure®, Pink Promise Conference, Rock the Ribbon, and individual contributions, Komen Kansas City raises funds that enable women to detect and survive breast cancer.
Komen Kansas City has invested more than $16.7 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in our 17-county service area over the past 25 years. When you add in the scientific research contribution: the local Kansas City affiliate has committed more than $21 million in total.
Our millions are re-invested back into the community through:
- Local Grantees (Local organizations focusing on education, screenings, diagnosis & treatment)
- National Research (including grants in our service area at the University of Kansas Cancer Center)
- Mission Support (Grants program, community organizing, public policy work, outreach & breast health service referrals)
Click here for other mission-based programs operated out of the Komen KC offices:
- Connected for the Cure Virtual Reality Experience
- Komen Kansas City Breast Care Helpline
- 3D Mobile Mammography Unit
For more information on the Community & Small Grants program please contact: Maddison Watkins | Community Outreach Coordinator | 816.842.0410 | firstname.lastname@example.org.